Sunday, April 9, 2017

Starting off and finishing strong.


How do you stay and finish strong against an opponent like Rheumatoid Arthritis? By not letting it defeat you at its worst. I admit that it is a struggle for someone like myself to get out of bed in the morning with RA, some in those shoes would want to give up and not get up but I've learned that doesn't get anybody anywhere in any form of life. No matter what life deals us, like I said in my past entry it is up to YOU on how that life goes. We can either make the most of what we have or we can let what haves us control and take that most away.

I use my medical marijuana for when I first get out of bed and get to wake with my tea in the morning and then when I'm unwinding during the evening hours or before I get into the online racing events. It eases all that pain, stiffness and negative energy that would try to come through when I wake and makes most days manageable and worth seeing through what the day has in store for me. I was skeptical of using the marijuana at first, even reluctant, because of the bad things people would say about the drugs but with the challenges I was already facing, I thought to myself what is one more challenge and why hold back on taking chances when life is full of them.Honestly how I feel about folks who look at marijuana in a bad light are those who have never tried it and simply rely on the naysay of the world around them instead of looking at the world in 3D and with BOTH eyes when they live in a 1-Dimensional box and only see with their ears.

I finished 3rd in the truck race on Saturday night and even led a lap. Was I in any discomfort? Yes, I'm always dealing with some but I hung in there and stayed strong throughout the night. The picture above is me in that race, going against two folks who are family close to my heart. Jessica and Robert are very sweet people and I cannot imagine my life without them in it. We may compete on the track but we know in our hearts and off the track that our bond cannot be broken and comes first.

After I'm done with my batch of marijuana in the evening, I spend time with my wonderful and loving husband Paul as we reminisce about the day and cherish that we've made it to the end of it together. That is how every day ends for me, with him and not feeling that I am facing the world of RA alone. We need support to deal with the pain, may it be friends and family or even the one you are married or engaged with. It may not always be enough to be the cure-all, but it is sure a HUGE percentage of the total package.

Bless you and post again soon.

~Mrs. Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment